I just bought winclone 8 for the purpose of backing up my bootcamp partition.
I am just trying it on my experimental MacBook air before the pro.
I am able to make a backup ok. Then restore also says it’s successful. But when I tried to boot into windows it errors out with “Windows failed to start”…“A required device isn’t connected or can’t be accessed”.
Below are the steps I did.
- Open winclone and make a back up of the Bootcamp partition in my ‘downloads’ folder.
- Open bootcamp assistant and did ‘remove windows 10’. That removed the bootcamp partition
- Opened disk utility.
- Clicked on ‘partition’ then +
- Game ‘BOOTCAMP’ as the new partition name and 128GB as the size which was what I had before and MS-DOS (FAT)
- Partition was created successfully
- Opened winclone 8, selected restore image.
- Selected my saved image as the source and the bootcamp partition as the destination and clicked restore
- It took some time and got the ‘restore successful’ message.
- Restarted the computer while holding option key
- Windows and Mac options showed up. Selected ‘Windows’ and hit enter.
- Got the above error message.
Anything that looks wrong in my steps?
I’m using MacBook air 2013 model