I’ve just purchased Winclone and I’m new to the cloning process. I’ve checked the knowledge base articles and I’m confused. Here’s what I’m trying to do.
I’m going to be erasing and using the Apple Giveback program to get an Apple credit. Then, I will be buying a refurb mac. When it gets here I’m hoping to be able to install windows with Boot camp assistant and then plop my saved image into the newly created windows 10 boot camp partition.
What I hoped to be able to do is:
- Make an image of my current boot camp partition.
- Save it on my time machine backup.
- Put it on my new machine using the time machine backup.
- Create the boot camp windows 10 basic system.
- Restore my winclone image into the new windows system.
Is this possible? I’m mainly confused about the sysprep stuff that says make a boot camp image BEFORE running it and also to run sysprep before making an image.
Any help would be appreciated.