Winclone Can't See Bootcamp Partition?

I’m trying to backup a Windows partition on an older iMac (2010) connected as a target drive via Firewire to my new Mac (2017). The Partitions on this drive (which is the internal drive on the old iMac) look like this (from the perspective of the 2017 iMac):

/dev/disk3 (external, physical):
#: TYPE NAME SIZE IDENTIFIER
0: GUID_partition_scheme *1.0 TB disk3
1: EFI EFI 209.7 MB disk3s1
2: Apple_HFS Mac HD 849.3 GB disk3s2
3: Apple_Boot Recovery HD 650.0 MB disk3s3
4: Microsoft Basic Data 150.0 GB disk3s4

disk3s4 seems to be the Windows 10 partition. It boots fine on the old 2010 iMac. It was originally Windows 8 and was upgraded to Windows 10.

The NTFS partition can be seen and mounted in Disk Utility:

WinClone 6.1.19 doesn’t seem to see it, and I can’t try to make an image of it.:

Any ideas? My goal is to backup my Windows partition into a file on my new Mac, then run Bootcamp, make a new partition on my new Mac, and then restore and get that exact same Windows install running on my new Mac. Thanks.

–Mike

After looking at this a little closer: Is ntfsclone what is being invoked under the covers to actually make the image? Is it possible to run ntfsclone directly to make the image, then load that image back into WInClone for a restore? Thanks.

–Mike

I see that the volume is unmounted. Can you click mount and see if it shows up in the Finder?

tim

It does. I can click mount and it shows up in the Finder.

When I connect the old Mac as a target disk to the new iMac both the old Mac OS volume and the old Bootcamp volume automatically mount successfully and can be looked through.

–Mike

WInclone looks to see if it is NTFS and has a Windows folder and a System32 folder inside the Windows folder. Can you verify those exist?

tim