Winclone EFI-Tool defunct in current version?

Hi there, I am using the current Version of Winclone 7.3.4. I am using a Mac that can use EFI to boot and does not require Legacy Boot. I have cloned directly to another disk and via an Image, but in both cases the result can not boot. I suspect the Efi-Tool that I also used on the SSD, has some inconsistency.

Due to further test, I come to the verified belief, that this is the case: When using (only displaying) Paragons NTFS for Mac 15, the (Winclone) result shows up as a Legacy Boot, but I had explicitly set this as an EFI-Boot with the Winclone-Tool-Menu.

So I come to believe that the current Version of Winclone is at fault in its way it writes the Boot-parameters. Can this be confirmed by Twocanoes or another member?

Regards, Peter
Legacy%20Boot%20shown

You can verify that it is set to legacy or EFI but looking at the MBR. Run this in Terminal:

sudo fdisk /dev/disk1

If you get output with a single line and ID EE, then it is EFI. If it has multiple entries, then it is set to legacy boot. See an example below of a EFI bootable Boot Camp partition:

mdscentral-6:15May2019 tperfitt$ sudo fdisk /dev/disk0
Password:
Disk: /dev/disk0	geometry: 15205/255/63 [244276265 sectors]
Sector size: 4096 bytes
Signature: 0xAA55
         Starting       Ending
 #: id  cyl  hd sec -  cyl  hd sec [     start -       size]
------------------------------------------------------------------------
 1: EE 1023 254  63 - 1023 254  63 [         1 -  244276264] <Unknown ID>
 2: 00    0   0   0 -    0   0   0 [         0 -          0] unused      
 3: 00    0   0   0 -    0   0   0 [         0 -          0] unused      
 4: 00    0   0   0 -    0   0   0 [         0 -          0] unused
1 Like

Hello Tperfitt,

Thanks a lot for your answer. All the booting I did was internal in a MacBookPro and also on a MacBookAir. On Terminal fdisk: I tried the action but it seems that due to APFS I need to modify your suggested commend a bit. Is that correct? In your example, is disk1 the EFI or Bootcamp? I tried this on both, and have included both below, but can’t really interpret its meaning, if it is the correct try?
Thanks for your assistance, Peter