Winclone fails to create image no matter what I do

I used to have Wincone 5, which worked great for my simple task (which I have not had to do until this weekend). The task I need from Winclone is to transfer data from an old Windows 10 (Not Bootcamp) hard drive over to an SSD.

When I had Winclone 5, this worked first try and never had issues. Haven’t had to use it, went to fire it up and saw it wasn’t compatible with the new MacOS. Purchased and installed Winclone 7, and every time I get Error 65.

I tried block mode, I tried 7.1 beta, I tried saving as a file rather than a disk to disk transfer… No matter what, it doesn’t work. If there’s no solution for this, I will be contacting for a refund, I’m about ready to lose my mind.

Sorry you are having issues. Please capture the log by running this command:

log show --style syslog --predicate ‘process contains[cd] “winclone”’ --info --last 2d

(adjust the 2d to be the number of days since there error occurred–up to 7d).

Save the log, then compress and send it to support@twocanoes.com and I’ll take a look at it.

tim

I’ll try to get that for you, but for now I tried on my other Mac, and at least got it to save the file (though disk to disk still fails). When restoring the file back on the new SSD, the operation completes but the computer does not view it as bootable.

I found the troubleshooting steps here: https://support.twocanoes.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003306566 but that seems to be focused on Bootcamp more so. I know I’ve made this work on Winclone 5, and I knew that I was excited to have the software, but Winclone 5 doesn’t work and unfortunately, Winclone 7 doesn’t like me either.

UPDATE: While typing this response Winclone on this Mac is having the same issues my MacBook was having… Yikes this is a nightmare.

I just sent you a direct message so we can troubleshoot a bit.

tim

Here is the command to run for dumping the logs:

log show --style syslog --predicate 'process contains[cd] "winclone"' --info --last 2d

(you can adjust the argument of “2d” from 2 days to other time periods that you want the log, like “10m” for the last 10 minutes or 3h for the last 3 hours).