Winclone purchase validation w/o internet connection

The recent upgrade of my MBP to Majave “disabled” my wifi adapter. Apple says I have to do a complete reinstall of the OS. I want to winclone-off my bootcamp partition before I let them do it, but while I can download winclone on the windows side of my MBP, and can install it on the Mac OS side, I cannot access the internet to validate. There must be a work around???

Sure. Please submit a request here: https://twocanoes.com/order-assistance-and-feedback/

Be sure to include your MAC address of the en0 interface. You can get it by running this in Terminal:

ifconfig en0 ether

I am curious as to why requiring a full wipe for the network interface. Have you tried:

1. Booting to recovery and seeing if the WiFi connect and if you can get help via the browser in Recovery? If that is the case, then you know it isn’t hardware related.
  2. If that doesn’t work, I would boot via Internet Recovery and see if the browser works there. If it doesn’t, then it would be hardware related.
  3. If it works in step #1, then you can just reinstall the Mac OS.
  4. I would also try clearing the NVRAM and doing a SMC reset.

Wiping and reinstalling the entire drive seems a bit extreme for the issue. Not related to the question you posted, but I couldn’t help myself ;).

tim

I just realized that it can’t be hardware related, since it works on the Windows side. Ignore that part :wink:

tim