I have restored my bootcamp image, which seems to run fine when booted via dual boot, but when attempting to run in VMware, I get a blue screen every time I attempt to install the VMware tools.
Below are the detailed steps I took (for moot reasons I had to install two different versions of Windows 10 (1803, March 2019 and 1809, March 2019).
- Install Windows 10 1803 via Boot Camp Assistant
- Activate Windows
- Backup Windows 10 1803 with Winclone
- Remove Boot Camp partition with Boot Camp Assistant
- Install Windows 10 1809 via Bootcamp Assistant
- Backup Windows 10 1809 with Winclone
- Restore Windows 10 1803 Winclone backup to BootCamp partition
- Create BootCamp VM with VMware Fusion 11
- Start Installer for VMware Tools
Blue screen every time in the middle of the VMware Tools installation
Has anyone had issues with restoring and doing a VMware Boot Camp VM?